Available Mon-Fri 9AM - 6PM to UM Law Community Only.
If you do not receive an immediate response, please contact the User Services Desk.
TMLL Access to eBooks
The Thurgood Marshall Law Library (TMLL) purchases ebooks which are not available on the open web. Use this guide to learn how to:
Access to these purchased titles is through TMLL's Online Catalog
- You do not need to change your online catalog search strategies to find ebooks in your search results.
- You can read ebooks on public computers on the Law School, however you cannot download ebooks using public computers
- You can download ebooks only to your personal PC or laptop.
- Ebooks downloaded to computers can then be further downloaded to ereaders for easier reading.
- Downloading ebooks to a laptop or desktop can facilitate use on ereaders and is necessary when format conversion is required to read an ebook on an ereader.
Restrictions by publishers limit access to these materials.
- TMLL books are accessible by TMLL faculty, students and staff, both from on and off campus
- in-library-only access is available for non-TMLL users
Other USMAI (University System of Maryland and Affiliated Institutions) libraries also purchase ebooks.
- each campus purchases titles for their users only
- TMLL users cannot borrow or access from off campus ebooks owned by another USMAI library
- in-library-only access is usually available for non-affiliate users. Check with those libraries to determine what is allowed.