Call Number Ranges
You may also find materials relevant to this topic by browsing the following call number ranges in the Law Library: K3478-3593, KF3773-3794, KF3812, KF3946, KF3958-3975.
Search with the terms environmental law, hazardous substances, climatic changes, water or conservation to find Google books on this subject. Then narrow your search by country.
Books can also help you start your research. They can be narrowly focused or they can show an overall picture of a general topic. Many of these titles also contain the text of basic legislation. Search the Discovery Service on the TMLL web page in order to find books on Environmental Law. Unless you are searching for a specific title, search by subject. Environmental Law, hazardous substances, climatic change, water or conservation are good examples of subjects. Use the advanced search link on the right side of the Discovery section to start a search. Listed below are some titles that can help you:
- Climate Change Impacts on Ocean and Coastal Law: U.S. and International Perspectives, Randall S. Abate. (Oxford University Press, 2015)
- Energy, Economics, and the Environment: Cases and Materials, Joel B. Eisen [and others]. (Foundation Press, 2015)
- Environmental Law, William H. Rodgers [and] Elizabeth Burleson. 2d ed. (Thomson Reuters, 2016)
- Environmental Law Handbook, Thomas F.P. Sullivan, editor emeritus and Richard Alonso (and others). (Bernan Press, 2017)
- Environmental Law In a Nutshell, Daniel A. Farber. 9th ed. (West Academic Publishing, 2014)
- The Environmental Law Sourcebook, (American Bar Association, 2013)
[KF3775/A3 E6 2013]
- Environmental Law: Statutory and Case Supplement, 2017-2018, Robert V. Percival [and] Christopher H. Schroeder. (Wolters Kluwer, 2017)
- Global Climate Change and U.S. Law, Miachel B.Gerrard and Jody Freeman, editors. (American Bar Association, 2014)
- Next Generation Environmental Compliance and Enforcement, LeRoy C. Paddock and Jessica A. Wentz, editors. (Environmental Law Institute, 2014) [KF3775.A75 N49 2014]
- Natural Resources Law and Policy, James Rasband [and others]. 3d ed. ( Foundation Press (2016)
[KF5505. R37 2016 ]
- Next Generation Environmental Compliance and Enforcement, LeRoy C. Paddock and Jessica A. Wentz, editors. (Environmental Law Institute, 2014)
- Principles of Environmental Law, Craig N. Johnston [and] Melissa Powers. (West Academic Publishing, 2016)
Please note: LexisAdvance and Westlaw both contain links to MICPEL treatises. To find LEXIS titles: Browse>jurisdiction>Maryland>sources>Treatieses> Criminal Law & Procedure>MSA. Westlaw also offers access to practice oriented titles.
= TMLL Restricted Access
About the Catalogs at the Library
The default catalog is "Discovery Service at UM Carey Law," a one-stop method of providing access to a wide variety of library resources including books, eBooks, eJournals, EBSCOhost and other databases all in one Google-like search box. Discovery Service complements other catalogs and research databases, including WorldCat, which allows you to search the collections of libraries worldwide, and the Law Library's Classic Catalog. All of these catalogs provide access to the holdings the Thurgood Marshall Law Library as well as that of the various libraries within the University System of Maryland. Records in the catalog provide a full description of each item, along with its subject headings, call numbers, library locations, and circulation status. The Catalog also contains current periodical receipt records and indicates which materials are on order for the library.
Use these links to learn how and when to search each catalog:
Discovery Service World Cat Classic Catalog Boolean Search Tips Interlibrary Loan (ILL)