European Union statutory text isconsidered Secondary Legislation and can one of three types (Art. 288):
- 1. Regulations - Directly binding on all Member States
- 2. Directives - Binding as to the results to be achieved upon each Member State to which it is addressed but the choice of form or methods is left to individual national authorities.
- 3. Decisions of the European Council or Commission - Binding only on those member states to which it is addressed in interpreting the Treaty.
Listed below are sources of information for European Union secondary legislation:
- EUR-Lex - Access to European legislation.
- Europa - Gateway to all European Union information. The official EU web page.
- EU Topics - good place to start looking for information on your topic.
- Lexis - Follow the following search trail to access EU legislation: International Tab>View All Countries>European Union>European Union Legislation & Regulations. Check the Source Information links for coverage.
- Official Journal - Contains all EU legislation. Coverage is 1952 - present
- Westlaw - Find the texts of treaties, OJL series, and the preparatory acts by following this search trail: Westlaw>International Materials> European Union>All EU Legislation. Coverage begins with 1951.
Official Journal - The print edition is located on Level 4 of the Library [KJE908.O34] Library owns 1974-1997.
= TMLL Restricted Access