Case Law, Administrative Decisions and Orders
Several subscription online legal research services provide full text of state and federal cases, including cases relating to drug policy and public health law, with coverage extending as far back in time as most researchers usually need. Subscription online legal research services include Bloomberg Law, Lexis Advance, WestlawNext, and Fast Case.
Another online legal research service worth mentioning is Maryland Decisions. Maryland Decisions is a database containing the full text of opinions from Maryland circuit courts and Maryland's Office of Administrative Hearings. However, this database is still very small. See also: Maryland Appellate Court Opinions.
Tip: If you find one good case on Lexis, you may be able to find others by identifying the headnote that best describes the issue of interest to you, then clicking "More Like This Headnote," or by Shepardizing the case to find other cases that have cited it for the issue represented by that headnote.
- MD Cases, Administrative Decisions & Attorney General Opinions, Combined (MDCASE)
- MD State Cases, Combined (MDCTS) for Criminal, Family and Elder Cases
- MD - Maryland Court Rules (MDRULE)
- MD - Local Rules of U.S. District & Bankruptcy Courts in Maryland (MDFRUL)
- MD Civil Procedure Cases (CIVPRO)
- Maryland Rules Governing Admission to the Bar, Rule 19, Legal Assistance by Law Students
Tip: If you find one good case on Westlaw, you may be able to find others by identifying the headnote that best describes the issue of interest to you, then clicking "Most Cited Cases" for that headnote. You could also try clicking "KeyCite Notes" to find other cases that have cited your good case for issue represented by that headnote.
- State & Federal Courts
- Maryland State and Federal Trial Court Documents
- Maryland Briefs
- State and Federal Briefs All
- Legal Ethics--The Lawyer's Deskbook on Professional Responsibility
- Federal Judiciary
- United State District Court for the District of Maryland
- Maryland Judiciary
- Maryland State Courts
- Maryland State Commission on Criminal Sentencing Policy
- Baltimore City Circuit Court
- Baltimore City District Courts