Help Guides for Federal and State Regulations
Research guides created by librarians, government agencies or professional groups can help a researcher understand the mechanics of a resource.
- Research Guide to the Federal Regulations and the Code of Federal Regulations (LLSDC)
- Federal Register Tutorial
- About the Code of Federal Regulations
- Appealing an Administrative Decision (People's Law Library of Maryland)
- Maryland Resources In-Depth (Georgetown Law Library)
- Maryland Research Guide - Chapter 6 - Administrative Law Research
Divorce and Family Law are governed by state legislation.
The Maryland agency with the most responsibility for aspects of divorce legislation is the Department of Human Resources Title 7 of the Code of Maryland Administrative Regulations (COMAR). For more information on researching Maryland administrative law, see Chapter 9 of the Thurgood Marshall Law Library Guide to Legal Research.
The Code of Maryland Agency Regulations (COMAR) is published in paper format and it is also available online. COMAR is updated bi-weekly by the Maryland Register. The Division of State Documents provides free access to both COMAR and the Maryland Register .
BloombergLaw, LexisAdvance and WestlawNext all provide access to the Maryland Administrative Code (COMAR) and the Maryland Register.
= TMLL Restricted Access