Call Number Ranges
You may also find materials relevant to this topic by browsing the following call number range in the Law Library: K 115 and KF 273-336.
Search with the terms: legal profession, lawyers, practice of law and legal ethics to find Google books on this subject. Then narrow your search by country.
Use the online catalog or Discovery Service to find treatises on the Legal Profession or Legal Ethics in the Thurgood Marshall Law Library. Some suggested subject headings to search are Lawyers - United States or Legal Ethics - United States. For research hints on how to use the catalog, see the Research Guide - Searching the Catalog. Listed below are some titles that can help you:
- ABA Compendium of Professional Responsibility, Rules and Standards, 2016 edition [KF305.A2A22 2016]
- ABA/BNA Lawyer's Manual on Professioinal Conduct [KF 305.A8 A116a] Also available on BloombergLaw
- Acing Professional Responsibility: A Checklist Approach to Professional Responsibility Problems, Leslie W. Abramson (2d ed. 2013) [KF 306.A735 2013]
- Annotated Model Rules of Professional Conduct, American Bar Association (8th ed. 2015) [KF 305.A2 2015]
- Legal Ethics in a Nutshell, Ronald D. Rotunda (4th ed. 2013) [KF 306.R68 2013]
- Model Rules of Professional Conduct (2017 ed.) [KF 305.A2 2017]
- Professional Responsibility and Regulation, Deborah L. Rhode (2nd ed. 2007) [KF306.R468 2007]
- Regulation of Lawyers:Statutes and Standards (2016 ed.) [KF305.A15 R44 2016]
- Understanding Lawyers' Ethics, Monroe Freedman. (5th ed 2016]
Please note: LexisAdvance and WestlawNext both contain links to MICPEL treatises. To find LEXIS titles: Browse>jurisdiction>Maryland>sources>Treatises> Criminal Law & Procedure>MSA. Westlaw also offers access to practice oriented titles. BloombergLaw provides access to ABA/BNA Lawyer's Manual on Professional Conduct.
= TMLL Restricted Access
About the Catalogs at the Library
The default catalog is "Discovery Service at UM Carey Law," a one-stop method of providing access to a wide variety of library resources including books, eBooks, eJournals, EBSCOhost and other databases all in one Google-like search box. Discovery Service complements other catalogs and research databases, including WorldCat, which allows you to search the collections of libraries worldwide, and the Law Library's Classic Catalog. All of these catalogs provide access to the holdings the Thurgood Marshall Law Library as well as that of the various libraries within the University System of Maryland. Records in the catalog provide a full description of each item, along with its subject headings, call numbers, library locations, and circulation status. The Catalog also contains current periodical receipt records and indicates which materials are on order for the library.
Use these links to learn how and when to search each catalog:
Discovery Service World Cat Classic Catalog Boolean Search Tips Interlibrary Loan (ILL)