This guide, created by the librarians at UMBC, goes over how to find and use eBooks.
Last Updated: Jun 24, 2015
- You can read a book online without checking it out. (if it's not already checked out).
- To checkout or download an EBSCO title you will need to set up an EBSCO account.
- To download the book you will need to create an Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) account.
- Locate the book you want in the online catalog.
- Click on the "Find It" button in the book record and click on the link to read full text.
- To read the book online click the "eBook Full Text" link.
- If the book is available you will be asked to create or log in with an EBSCOhost account login. This is NOT your TMLL login information, this is a separate username and password.This ensures that you are a valid TMLL member.
- If the book is checked out a note will pop up informing you that the book is in use.
- After you have checked out the book you may leave at any time and come back to the book through the catalog.
- You will also need to sign in at the top of the EBSCO page, using your EBSCO login information.
- Remember to save your login information!
- Select "Download This eBook (Offline)" from the left column.
- Sign in to your EBSCOHost account if prompted.
- Choose Open with Adobe Digital Editions (default). The book will appear in your ereader.
- Remember: eBooks cannot be downloaded to the public computers on the TMLL Campus.