Copies of Bills
In addition to the major subscription legal databases, copies of bills can be found on the Internet.
- Congress.gov - Full text of Congressional bills is available from 1993 to the present.
- GovTrack.us - Coverage begins with the 6th Congress (1799-1801)
- U.S. Congress. House - The web page contains links to current and past legislation. Click the bill status link.
- U.S. Congress. Senate - Click the Legislation & Records link at the top of the screen for information.
Tracking legislation moving through Congress can be found in both subscribed databases and internet resources.
- · Congress.gov – A good site for tracking legislation. Bills from the 93rd Congress through the current session (1973 - date) are posted.
- · U.S. Copyright Office – This site offers Legislative Developments for both current and previous Congresses.
Coverage starts with the 105th Congress.
BloombergLaw, LexisAdvance, and WestlawNext all have bill tracking capabilities as well as copies of bills introduced.
= TMLL Restricted Access