Databases for Journal Articles
Search for More Library Resources
Discovery Service @ UM Carey Law
Links and Resources
Marshall's nomination [AUDIO] by President Johnson (NPR)
Transcript of oral history with Justice Marshall regarding his relationship with President Lyndon Johnson (The Johnson Presidential Library).
Justice Frankfurter's draft decree in the Brown case (Library of Congress).
The Civil Rights Era from the African-America Odyssey - includes Marshall's letter to the NAACP on "saving the race" (Library of Congress).
Finding aid for the papers of Thurgood Marshall (Library of Congress).
Proceedings in the Supreme Court of the United States in Memory of Justice Marshall (U.S. Supreme Court).
Justice Thurgood Marshall - A Dedicated Career; Symposium issue Arizona Law Review.
- Once connected to the database, type Thurgood Marshall into the basic search box
- Click the Search button and click or press the enter key.
- From there, you may browse the results or use the search facets to refine your search
- Once connected to the database, click on Advanced Search
- Select the Search by Subject from the drop-down box.
- At the search screen enter "Thurgood"
- Scroll down to the Search button and click or press the enter key.
Citations from the Congressional Record regarding Marshall's appointment to the Supreme Court (links to HeinOnline):
- Congressional Record, June 13, 1967, p. 15726.
- Congressional Record, June 15 1967, p. 15962. Comments of Congressman Ottinger (D - NY).
- Congressional Record, June 15, 1967, pp. 15967- 15970. Comments of Congressman Rarick (D - LA.).
- Congressional Record, June 27, 1967, pp. 17506-17507. Comments of Senator Morse (D - OR).
- Congressional Record, August 21, 1967, p. 23376. Report of The Committee on the Judiciary.
- Congressional Record, August 30, 1967, pp. 24583- 24657. Executive Session: Nomination of Thurgood Marshall to be Associate Justice of the US Supreme Court.
- Congressional Record, August 30, 1967, pp. 24656 - 24657. Comments of Senator Mansfield (D - MT).