Call Number Ranges
You may also find materials relevant to this topic by browsing the following call number ranges in the Law Library: HV 9400-9500, HV 9950, HV 7432 and KF 9750.
Search with the terms reentry, prisoners, or collateral consequences to find Google books on this subject. Then narrow your search by country.
Books can also help you start your research. They can be narrowly focused or they can show an overall picture of a general topic. Many of these titles also contain the text of basic legislation. Search the Discovery Service on the TMLL web page in order to find books on Reentry. Unless you are searching for a specific title, search by subject. Reentry, Ex-Convicts or Collateral Consequences are good examples of subjects. Use the advanced search link on the right side of the Discovery section to start a search. Listed below are some titles that can help you:
- African American Felon Disenfranchisement: Case Studies in Modern Racism and Political Exclusion, 2013 [JK1846.P56 2013]
- But They All Come Back: Facing the Challenges of Prisoner Reentry, 2005 [HV9304.T68 2005]
- The Collapse of American Criminal Justice, 2011 [HV7432.S78 2011]
- Collateral Consequences of Criminal Convictions: Law, Policy and Practice, 2013 [KF390.E87.L68 2013]
- Imprisoning Communities: How Mass Incarceration Makes Disadvantaged Neighborhoods Worse, 2007 [HV9950.C55 2007]
- Invisible Punishment: The Collateral Consequences of Mass Imprisonment, 2002 [ HV9950.I59 2002]
- Let's Get Free: A Hip-Hop Theory of Justice, 2009. [KF9223.B88 2009]
- Living in Infamy: Felon Disenfranchisement and the History of American CItizenship, 2014 [KF9747.H65 2014]
- Marked: Race, Crime and Finding Work in an Era of Mass Incarceration, 2007 [HV9304.P23 2007]
- The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness, 2010 [HV9950.A437 2010]
- One in 100: Behind Bars in America 2008 [http://www.pewtrusts.org/en/research-and-analysis/reports/2008/02/28/one-in-100-behind-bars-in-america-2008 ]
- Outside the Walls: A National Snapshot of Community-Based Prisoner Reentry Programs, 2004
- Prisoner Reentry, Final Report (Governor's Task Force on Prisoner Reentry)
- Punishment and Inequality in America, 2006. [HV9471.W47 2006]
- Reentry of the Offender Into The Community, 1967 [HV9278.S8
- Report on the Collateral Consequences of Criminal Convictions in Maryland, Reentry of Ex-Offenders Clinic, 2007
- When Prisoners Come Home: Parole and Prisoner Reentry, 2003 [HV9304.P464 2003
Please note: LexisAdvance and WestlawNext both contain links to MICPEL treatises. To find LEXIS titles: Browse>jurisdiction>Maryland>sources>Treatieses> Criminal Law & Procedure>MSA. Westlaw also offers access to practice oriented titles.
= TMLL Restricted Access
About the Catalogs at the Library
The default catalog is "Discovery Service at UM Carey Law," a one-stop method of providing access to a wide variety of library resources including books, eBooks, eJournals, EBSCOhost and other databases all in one Google-like search box. Discovery Service complements other catalogs and research databases, including WorldCat, which allows you to search the collections of libraries worldwide, and the Law Library's Classic Catalog. All of these catalogs provide access to the holdings the Thurgood Marshall Law Library as well as that of the various libraries within the University System of Maryland. Records in the catalog provide a full description of each item, along with its subject headings, call numbers, library locations, and circulation status. The Catalog also contains current periodical receipt records and indicates which materials are on order for the library.
Use these links to learn how and when to search each catalog:
Discovery Service World Cat Classic Catalog Boolean Search Tips Interlibrary Loan (ILL)