Create and Manage E-Mail Notifications or BNA Alerts
You can have e-mail notifications sent directly to your inbox for your favorite BNA Reports. It is an excellent way to stay up-to-date on breaking legal news. Below this box are instructions and quick guide on how to manage your e-mail notifications through Bloomberg Law. Once the email notifications are set up, you should first log into Bloomberg Law, and then click on one of the hyperlinks from the email notificiations to be directly routed into the content.
You may also register for email alerts from the Bloomberg BNA Library:
- Go to our database list and choose "Bloomberg BNA Databases"
- Choose any of the BNA products (they all get you to the same email sign up place)
- From the main page of the Library, select “SIGN-IN for additional content." This generally appears either on the left-hand side of the page and may be under “Getting Started” or on the right-hand side under the “News” section of the page.
- Sign in using your Bloomberg law account, then click "Sign up for email updates" (The sign up link is there before you sign in, but it doesn't do anything).
- Enter the your email address and click submit.
- Under “Manage Your BNA E-mail”:
- Choose HTML or Plain Text format for the emails.
- Select checkboxes next to the e-mails you wish to receive.
- Select submit.
- This completes the registration process for e-mail highlights. Close the window.
How to Set Up E-Mail Notifications for BNA Reports in Bloomberg Law
1. To set up or manage your BNA Law Report Notifications, navigate to your preferred BNA Report or to the BNA Law Reports Page. To get to BNA Law Reports page, select BNA Law Reports from the Home page.
2. From the BNA Law Reports Page, select the Manage Email Notifications for BNA Law Reports box.
3. Using the arrows located next to the BNA Law Topics, you can view all BNA Law Reports that are available for e-mail notification and you can select which BNA Law Reports you wish to receive directly into your inbox.
4. Once, you've selected, which BNA Law Reports you wish to receive, click on the Set Notification button located to the right of the BNA Law Report.
5. You can see a Current List of your e-mail notifications located on the right-hand side of the screen. To no longer receive e-mail notifications, select the red X located to the left of the BNA Law Report under the Current Notifications section.
6. If you have any questions about setting up e-mail notifications, contact your library liaison or any library staff member.